You can support your school while helping to save local lives! Click the link below to learn about each program.
- High School Heroes Blood Drive Challenge - Your school can earn $300 in equipment and supplies at EACH blood drive!
- Red Cord Program - High School students can donate blood 3 times in a school year to earn a Red Cord to wear at graduation!
- Junior Heroes Program - Elementary and Middle schools can earn money for equipment and supplies at EACH blood drive!
High School Heroes
The High School Heroes Program provides resources for your school through hosting blood drives during the school year to help save local lives within your community. Each blood drive your school hosts that achieves your divisions blood drive goal will automatically give your school $300 in equipment and supplies. There is no limit to how many blood drives your school can host, and this year you can host a blood drive anytime during your school year.
Examples of past winners
- Evans High School used their money to purchase a Smart Board
- Taliaferro High School purchased iPads with their winnings
- Jenkins County High School used their money to purchase fetal pigs for their Biology classes
- Aiken County Career Center purchased a Nacho Cheese machine for their concession stands
- Westside High School's Patriot Mascot was purchased with their winnings
The Red Cord Program, which recognizes students for their achievement of service to the community through blood donation, has been well received. Students must donate three times in a school year to receive the honor of wearing a red cord at graduation. We firmly believe that this achievement is an extreme honor because these students have demonstrated a selfless commitment by giving not only their time, but the gift of life to a local patient in need.
Please note: Our Red Cord Program has been extended to Colleges! Please see the High School and College brochures below for specific details.
Participating High Schools:
- BURKE COUNTY HIGH
- EDMUND BURKE ACADEMY
- AUGUSTA PREPARATORY SCHOOL
- SWAINSBORO HIGH SCHOOL
- CLAXTON HIGH SCHOOL
- GLASCOCK CO. CONSOLIDATED SCHOOL (PARTICIPATES BUT GRADUATES CANNOT WEAR CORDS AT GRADUATION)
- HANCOCK CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
- JOHN HANCOCK ACADEMY
- JEFFERSON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
- THOMAS JEFFERSON ACADEMY
- JENKINS COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
- JOHNSON COUNTY CENTRAL MIDDLE HIGH SCHOOL
- THOMSON HIGH SCHOOL
- ALLELUIA COMMUNITY SCHOOL
- AQUINAS HIGH SCHOOL
- WESTMINSTER UPPER SCHOOL
- ACADEMY OF RICHMOND COUNTY
- BUTLER HIGH SCHOOL
- CROSS CREEK HIGH SCHOOL
- DAVIDSON FINE ARTS
- GLENN HILLS HIGH SCHOOL
- HEPHZIBAH HIGH SCHOOL
- A.R. JOHNSON MAGNET SCHOOL
- T.W. JOSEY HIGH SCHOOL
- LUCY C. LANEY HIGH SCHOOL
- WESTSIDE HIGH SCHOOL
- TALIAFERRO COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
- WARREN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
- WASHINGTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
- MORGAN COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
- MEAD HALL EPISCOPAL SCHOOL
- FRANCIS HUGH WARDLAW ACADEMY
- BLACKVILLE-HILDA HIGH SCHOOL
- FOX CREEK HIGH SCHOOL
- MCCORMICK HIGH SCHOOL
The Junior Heroes Program allows parents to donate at an Elementary or Middle school blood drive. For every 20 people who present to donate, your school will earn $50 in equipment and supplies. Just like the High School Heroes program, you can host as many blood drives as you like during your school year.
Examples of Past Winners
- Jefferson Elementary in South Carolina used their winnings to purchase medical supplies
- Belvedere Elementary School purchased office supplies with their winnings
- Baker Place Elementary School used their winnings to purchase gardening tools for their NAC Gardening Program